We have lots of programs and ways to connect with other people at Emmanuel and get more involved. Everyone can find something. Here are just a few options to figure out what suits you best:
- First and foremost, sign up for our e-newsletter here. Its the best way to find out about everything going on at Emmanuel. This includes special one-time events you can get involved with like church work days, meal trains for those in need, helping out with Together @ Ten, and all sorts of other activities.
- Talk to Rev. Edgardo Rivera, our lead pastor, after the service. He would love to get to know you. We promise it won’t be intimidating.
- Email our church office (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we can talk you through some ideas on how to connect and become involved.
- Join the Bible/book study that meets on Mondays at 1:00pm or 7:00pm. It’s led by Rev. Edgardo Rivera and you can read more about it (and find the Zoom link) here. There’s no need to wait for a new topic or book, join anytime!
- Join a group that sounds good to you! There’s the monthly book discussion group, reading a different book every month (and finishing it is optional). You could go out for lunch with the young adults, or join the Wednesday lunch group online.
- Join a volunteer group. We have lots of them. You can help help feed the homeless, participate in the green team, lend a hand at an early childhood & development center in Baltimore, or help with the Laurel Advocacy & Referral Services. And those are just some of the options! Volunteering side-by-side with someone is a great way to meet and get to know people at Emmanuel.
- Attend an Emmanuel 101 class. Its a one-time class that gives a great overview of Emmanuel as a church. They’re held three or four times a year depending on the need. Contact the church office to find out when the next one is scheduled.