In this season of Lent we have been leaning into hope, and the embodiment of life in God revealed through Jesus the Christ.
All of this is to prepare us to fully invest ourselves in living out the lessons of Holy Week (Jesus’ last week from being welcomed into Jerusalem as a king, to sharing in his last Passover meal with his friends on Maundy Thursday, to his death on a cross on what we call Good Friday) in preparation for remembering the hope God has given us through his resurrection.
Please join us during Holy Week (March 28th – April 4th) and steep yourself into the richness of the passion of Christ from his humble entry into Jerusalem, the week of breaking bread with his disciples, to his being crucified out of fear by the Roman leadership.
Remembering Holy Week Interactive Stations
Please join us for an interactive walk through Holy Week. Participants will have the opportunity to engage in stations that honor the ancient story of Jesus’ journey to the cross while experiencing the struggles of racial inequality in our modern world. All ages are invited to attend this outdoor event. Masks and social distancing required.
- Sunday, March 28 – 3-4 PM and 5-6 PM (before and after the Drive In Worship Service)
- Thursday, April 1 – 5-7 PM (Rain date will be Friday, April 2 – 5-7 PM)
- Saturday, April 3 – 5-6:30 PM (before the Easter Vigil Service)
3/28 – Palm Sunday
- Virtual service @ 9 AM on our YouTube channel.
- Drive In Worship with Rev. Stephanie @ 4 PM
- Join us in a Palm Parade and have your photo taken for a slide presentation on Easter Sunday (palms will be available before the service)
- Pick up your communion bread and juice for Easter Sunday
- Pick up scented bath salts to use for a foot-soak on Maundy Thursday
- Visit Remembering Holy Week Interactive Stations before or after the service
4/1 – Maundy Thursday
- Visit Remembering Holy Week Interactive Stations from 5-7 PM
- Special Virtual Service with Rev. Kim @ 7 PM on our YouTube channel – Join Rev. Kim for a 30-minute virtual service focusing on the last meal Jesus shared with his disciples and the words he spoke that hold us together. The service will include communion and a foot-soak! You can pick up bath salts at Drive-in Worship on March 21 or 28, or provide your own.
4/2 – Good Friday
- Special Virtual Service with Rev. Matt @ 7 PM on our YouTube channel – Join Rev. Matt for a brief 30-minute service remembering and reflecting on the day Christ was beaten and crucified unto death. It will feature special music and a reflection on melancholic spirituality.
4/3 – Holy Saturday: Easter Vigil
- Visit Remembering Holy Week Interactive Stations before the service from 5-6:30 PM
- Join Rev. Leo and Rev. Gio for an Easter Vigil Service @ 6:30 PM in Emmanuel’s church parking lot. This 30-minute service will not only remember the symbolism and meaning of the Easter vigil, but will celebrate Jesus’ Resurrection. For those unable to attend the in-person service, a virtual service will be available at 7 PM on our YouTube channel as sunset is the traditional time when it is observed. Contact Rev. Leo Yates at RevYates@eumclaurel.org for questions.
4/4 – Easter Sunday
- Special Cluster Drive In Service at Colesville UMC @ 8:00-8:45 AM in their huge parking lot – stay in your car or bring a chair and be physically distant! Coleville UMC is located at 52 Randolph Road, Silver Spring, MD 20904.
- Virtual EUMC service on our YouTube channel @ 9 AM with Holy Communion at home
- Drive In Worship with Rev. Stephanie @ 11 AM with Holy Communion (elements will be available at the Drive In Service), gather safely around the fire pit to enjoy the service and fellowship afterward