- This event has passed.
EUMC Community Zoom Gatherings – Tuesday with Rev. Kim
March 17, 2020 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
One event on March 24, 2020 at 7:00 pm
About Zoom Gatherings
We will be using the online platform Zoom to gather. Zoom gatherings are fairly easy to navigate but do take some familiarity. One of the nice features about Zoom gatherings is that they can be accessed from any kind of phone, even landlines. To get the most out of the Zoom experience we recommend using a computer with a camera and microphone (most have them built in these days) or a smartphone.
When you first use zoom, you will be asked to download the zoom software onto your computer. While this process is automatic, you may wish to do it in advance of your first gathering simply by clicking on the link to the gathering.
Zoom also has many video tutorials that can be found here.
Tips for a Good Zoom Gathering:
- Click the zoom link early to familiarize yourself with the controls and iron our any kinks. This link is located under the Join Zoom Meeting heading in the invitation. The default setting for when you join the gathering is for your video to be on and your audio muted. You can change these settings once you’ve joined the meeting.
- Don’t join the meeting more than 5 minutes before the scheduled start time!
- Take care to mute yourself when you are not speaking. This cuts down on feedback and background noise. The hosts have the power to mute and will use it from time to time when appropriate. Also, be sure to unmute yourself when you speak.
- Use the chat feature to ask questions. This cuts down on interruptions and helps the flow of the meeting.
- Take note of the multiple ways you can switch screen views. You can choose between a “brady bunch” view of many people on your screen or a “presenter” view of the active speaker filling your screen. If your zoom window covers content you should be able to click and drag it out of the way.
Upcoming Zoom Gatherings
Click the invitation link below to access directions for joining the gathering.
TUESDAYS WITH REV. KIM https://zoom.us/j/3732306481
JOIN REV. KIM FOR A DEVOTIONAL DISCUSSION
Tuesday, March 17 at 7pm
(a 30 min virtual event)
Description: “God Sightings”, based on Psalm 139. At a time when we are distancing from each other and live may feel very different, it’s important to remember that, no matter where we are, God is with us. We will be discussing the experiences, and people that remind us of that presence of God’s love and share some creative ideas about ways we can keep aware of that presence.