For Reading & More Information:
- For a copy of the letter written January 7th, 2020 addressing the release of the “Protocol of Reconciliation and Grace Through Separation” and the headlines of a UMC Church split, click here.
- For a chart (Updated Jan. 7th, 2020) comparing most of the plans headed to General Conference 2020, click here.
- For a one page summary of the current situation of the United Methodist Church and Emmanuel’s place/response, click here.
- For more information on what it means that Emmanuel is part of the Reconciling Ministries Network (and how it got there), click here.
- For information about the Reconciling Ministries Network (and to read their perspective) as a national organization, click here.
- To read Emmanuel’s statement upholding and affirming Marriage Equality, click here.
- To read Emmanuel staff’s letter from March 2019 regarding the 2019 Special General Conference, click here.
- To read (and possibly sign) the proclamation statement that came out of the Our Movement Forward conference in Minneapolis, MN in May 2019, click here.
- For further reading on the issues facing the United Methodist Church, check out United Methodist Insight.
- For a broader reading of issues facing Christianity as a whole (albeit with a Methodist leaning), check out Hacking Christianity.