Emmanuel is powered by 100% Wind Sourced Electricity
Wind Power through Group Power!
Switch to clean renewable energy for your household.
Important Renewal Information
If you signed up with Groundswell previously and your WGL contract is up for renewal,
please visit WGL Renewal Information.
If you have trouble receiving these rates, contact Groundswell at
email@example.com or 443-598-6773.
Join Emmanuel and Groundswell and switch your home or apartment to clean power.
Your utility bill is a choice. Groundswell’s group makes choosing clean energy easy and affordable.
The power of buying in bulk – it’s the smart way to switch to wind.
Why wind? Taking 5 minutes to switch to wind reduces your household carbon footprint by about 25%. Switching your home or apartment to wind is the carbon impact of planting 177 trees. If 1,500 people switch to wind power together, that’s like taking 2,250 cars off the road.
Your money matters! Instead of paying a coal plant to produce pollution and asthma, the money you pay for electricity will go to a wind farm and will help create a better, pollution-free future.
Our group process works: over 4,000 households and businesses have switched through Groundswell and are able to save people 10% compared to switching to wind on their own.
About Groundswell: Groundswell is a nonprofit that negotiates for you. For the past five years, we’ve been helping communities save money and create a better future. People have the power to switch their electricity to wind power. If we do it together, we can save money and amplify our impact.
- You have the power to choose your electricity supplier.
- You still receive the same utility electricity bill and service.
- Your utility (BGE/PEPCO) still remains your provider
- No change in billing & payments
- No fees & nothing to install
- Will only be changing electricity supplier
- Competitive rates with your utility rates
- Groundswell vets and screens energy suppliers to ensure you get a fair contract and quality customer service.
- By switching to 100% wind power through Groundswell, people paid 10% less than if they switched on their own.
- PLUS a $10 donation back to Emmanuel per enrollment
- This program is open to any Pepco, BGE, & Potomac Edison customer.
Groundswell and their partners have brought together over 4,000 community organizations and residents. Emmanuel UMC already switched to 100% wind power through the Groundswell group for non-profits and faith communities.
Add your name to the list of people supporting clean renewable energy and combating climate change!