Emmanuel UMC Inclement Weather Policy
1. Worship is a very important part of the life of our church body, so we will make every effort to remain open for our worship services.
2. We will always trust you to make your own decision about getting out and traveling in inclement weather.
3. Just like the school system, we will usually wait until Sunday morning to make a decision about any change in our schedule.
4. We will make a brief assessment of travel conditions around the church and the safety of our parking lot and entrances.
5. If there is NO CHANGE to our church schedule, we will make NO ANNOUNCEMENT.
6. If conditions for travel are unsafe early in the morning, they are often cleared up by our 10:45 a.m. service time; so as a first response, we may invite everyone to come to our 10:45 a.m. service.
7. If we cannot assure reasonably safe conditions for people to park, enter, and exit our facilities, we will cancel services and/or postpone activities.
8. We will communicate any changes in our church schedule by the following means:
Facebook: We will post information on our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/EUMCLaurel
E-mail: An e-mail will be sent to those we have addresses for.
Phone: If possible we will update our outgoing message on our church phone – (301) 725-5200 if there is enough time before the event is scheduled to begin.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact our office at (301) 725-5200.