L A R S, The Laurel Advocacy & Referral Service is a non-proselytizing ecumenical ministry serving the Greater Laurel area by assisting homeless and low-income individuals and families who are experiencing a crisis by providing both emergency and long-term services designed to promote self-sufficiency.
LARS FALL FOOD COLLECTION DRIVE 2016
Emmanuel is partnering with LARS and several area schools to restock the LARS food pantry. Trucks, SUVs, and/or Vans as well as people are needed to help transport the food to LARS on the dates listed.
LARS – deliver food
Thursday, October 27 at 9 am
Tuesday, November 22 at 1:15 pm
Fulton Elementary School – pick up food and deliver to LARS
We will also need volunteers (all ages) to help sort and shelve the food in the LARS pantry as we have done in the past and LARS will credit volunteer hours. For the past few years, Emmanuel members have picked up nearly 6500 lbs of food at Fulton Elementary School for LARS.If you can’t meet at the school and you can also meet us at LARS at 1:45 pm to help unload the food into the pantry and help sort food according to expiration date.
This is one of Emmanuel’s many ways of assisting people and families living on the economic margin in our community. The mission project is open to all persons of all ages. If an elementary age or younger child participates, an adult needs to be with them.
About L A R S
2013 – 2014 Food Pantry Highlights:
• Distributed over 13,600 bags of food from out pantry worth an estimated value of $272,000 to 2,543 unique individuals
• Brightened the holidays for 145 Laurel families and seniors by providing food and gifts during Thanksgiving and the December holidays
Typical Needs of L A R S Clients:
• Pancake Mix
• Instant Oatmeal
• Peanut Butter
• Brown Rice, Spaghetti, Noodles
• Macaroni & Cheese
• Canned / Individually-Packaged Meats & Tuna (Water)
• Canned Vegetables (with pop-tops)
• Canned Fruits (with pop-tops)
• Shelf-Stable Milk
• 100% Fruit Juices
• Easy to Prepare Food for Homeless Clients