Let the little children come to me: do not stop them for it is to such as these that the kingdom of God belongs. Mark 10:14
Sunday School is offered during 9AM for all children ages three to High School. Our goal is to help children better understand the lessons that are taught, to lessen the time commitment for volunteers and reduce the cost spent on the curriculum because we develop the activities and lessons taught.
Online registration is preferred but if you wish to fill out a paper registration form, please download the Sunday School Registration Form and give to Donna Meoli.
Children younger than 3, can go to our childcare room where they will be supervised by trained staff.
Preschool children will meet in room 7 across from the downstairs kitchen at 9 AM.
Middle School – High School will gather in the Ministry Center at 9 AM.
Elementary age children:Children in Kindergarten to grade 5 will meet in church.
- They will sit in the front two pews and be present for the Call to Worship and the Children’s Sermon.
- Offering will be collected on the way out of the sanctuary.
- The children will then proceed to room 3.
- Each week, there will be a variety of stations that the children can go to.
- All stations will provide activities related to the Children’s Sermon.
- The children will also have music.
- The stations that will be used on a rotating schedule are: crafts, Legos, cooking, journals, drama, puzzles, science and games.
- When Sunday School is over, the children will be escorted to the Narthex where parents can meet them.
- On Communion Sundays, the first Sunday of the month, children will go directly to room 3. They will have a short lesson, practice a song that will be sung before communion and then sit with their family in church.
If you would like to volunteer, you can indicate your desire to help on the form.
Sunday School Volunteers Needed:
Our Sunday School Ministry for grades K-5 will use a rotation model this year. This means that children will come to a station and be given instructions by an adult. After 15 minutes children will switch to a new station. Some stations will be games, crafts, and puzzles. ALL instructions and supplies will be ready for a volunteer to help at a station!
A volunteer is also needed for the Preschool Room and the Middle School Class!
NO preparation or experience necessary! Click below!
During our 10:30 am service, children are encouraged to join their parents for the first fifteen minutes of worship. Activity bags are available for all children upon entering the sanctuary. A worship leader gives a Children’s Sermon at this service. After the Children’s Sermon, kids in second grade and younger are escorted to childcare.
For more information contact Donna Meoli or call her at the church at 301-725-5200.