- This event has passed.
EUMC Community Zoom Gatherings – Friday with Rev. Martina
March 27 @ 7:00 pm - 7:30 pm
FRIDAYS WITH REV. MARTINA
JOIN REV. MARTINA FOR A DEVOTIONAL DISCUSSION
Friday, March 27th at 7pm
(a 30 min virtual event)
Description: “When the Thirst is Real!” – Fears about COVID-19 got you down? Join Rev. Martina as we explore the honesty of Psalm 42 and learn how stressful situations can be reframed to serve as opportunities to grow closer to God.
Click this invitation link to access directions for joining the gathering: https://us04web.zoom.us/j/111204624
CLICK HERE FOR THE DEVOTIONAL* (for discussion)
* The devotion was written in 2019 by Ciera (Cici) James, Secretary of the PTS Student Association in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
About Zoom Gatherings
We will be using the online platform Zoom to gather. Zoom gatherings are fairly easy to navigate but do take some familiarity. One of the nice features about Zoom gatherings is that they can be accessed from any kind of phone, even landlines. To get the most out of the Zoom experience we recommend using a computer with a camera and microphone (most have them built in these days) or a smartphone.
When you first use zoom, you will be asked to download the zoom software onto your computer. While this process is automatic, you may wish to do it in advance of your first gathering simply by clicking on the link to the gathering.
Zoom also has many video tutorials that can be found here.
Tips for a Good Zoom Gathering:
- Click the zoom link early to familiarize yourself with the controls and iron our any kinks. This link is located under the Join Zoom Meeting heading in the invitation. The default setting for when you join the gathering is for your video to be on and your audio muted. You can change these settings once you’ve joined the meeting.
- Don’t join the meeting more than 5 minutes before the scheduled start time!
- Take care to mute yourself when you are not speaking. This cuts down on feedback and background noise. The hosts have the power to mute and will use it from time to time when appropriate. Also, be sure to unmute yourself when you speak.
- Use the chat feature to ask questions. This cuts down on interruptions and helps the flow of the meeting.
- Take note of the multiple ways you can switch screen views. You can choose between a “brady bunch” view of many people on your screen or a “presenter” view of the active speaker filling your screen. If your zoom window covers content you should be able to click and drag it out of the way.