In light of COVID-19 and a desire to do our part to help protect the most-vulnerable in our society, Emmanuel has closed its doors until March 27th. During this time we are developing resources to aid in the spiritual care and development of our community. Check back here regularly for updates.
Also, please email or text Rev. Kim Capps with any prayer requests during this time. Please remember to include your name and whether the request is for staff only or can be shared with the broader Emmanuel community.
More Resources for Families w/ Young Children
- Crowd-sourced Google Doc w/ Even More Ideas for Things to Do at Home
- Lunch Doodles w/ Children’s Author Mo Willems – Weekdays at 1pm EST
- Actor Josh Gad reads Children’s Book nightly on Twitter
- National Aquarium Website w/ Animal Cams
- New England Aquarium Virtual Visit
- National Museum of Natural History Virtual Tour
- Advice from a Teacher to Parents Who Now Have Their Kids at Home
- Consider Organizing a Neighborhood Bear Hunt
Resources from Emmanuel United Methodist Preschool:
- Music w/ Ms. Tracy
- Pets w/ Ms. Shona
- Literacy Walk via GrowingBookByBook.com
- Gonoodle.com – Fun videos to get you up and moving
- Ranger Rick Stuck at Home Activities
- Learning Without Tears
- Scholastic Learn @ Home
Resources from the Baltimore-Washington Conference:
- 3.23.20 E-Connection
- March 2020 UM Connection Newsletter (including an article on Little Flowers & the Emmanuel team!)
Also, consider joining one of our community ZOOM gatherings by clicking on the appropriate links on the following page, found here.
Emmanuel’s Social Media Pages: